A gas fireplace adds warmth and comfort to your Decatur home. Our team at Skyward Heating, Air & Plumbing can install one for you today.
Gas fireplaces are much easier to use and maintain than their wood counterparts. You can instantly improve the ambiance of your living space with just the tap of a button. Additionally, natural gas fires burn cleanly and emit minimal pollution, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Skyward Heating, Air & Plumbing is pleased to install, repair, and replace only the finest gas fireplaces for Alabama homeowners. Call our Decatur office today to learn more about what we offer.
Gas Fireplace Installation and Replacement
Gas fireplaces are highly customizable. Whether you're looking to retrofit a fireplace or build an outdoor fire pit, Skyward Heating, Air & Plumbing can bring your vision to life.
Gas fireplaces have an average life span of 10 to 15 years. If your current fireplace needs replacement, we can make it happen.
Consult your Skyward Heating, Air & Plumbing expert to find the gas fireplace that best fits your household.
We also offer versatile financing options-build the fireplace of your dreams on a financial schedule that fits your budget needs.
Types of Gas Fireplaces
Here are three types of gas fireplaces:
- Log sets—This is a low-tech, low-cost option. It consists of a gas burner, which sits under a ceramic log and produces a flame in your fireplace. With this model, you must open your flue each time you use it to ensure proper ventilation. Because of this, they don't radiate much heat.
- Inserts—These models are self-contained and can fit right into your fireplace. Unlike log sets, they can radiate plenty of heat. Inserts contain two metal boxes that trap air, warm it and send it into your living space to create comfort and warmth.
- Built-ins—Built-ins have the same features as inserts but are more flexible. They don't require a chimney for ventilation. For this reason, you can put them virtually anywhere in your home-on the wall or in the hall.
Gas Fireplace Features
One of the most fun aspects of gas fireplaces is choosing the materials. Faux logs are classic-but there are many more options. You can find the perfect color and material to match your home decor.
Here are a few looks:
- Glass balls
- Ceramic stones, pine cones, or various sculptures
- Fake coal
Vented or Nonvented?
Many homeowners choose gas fireplaces because they are odor-free and don't produce smoke or soot. However, like gas stovetops, they emit trace amounts of pollutants. These particles can include carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen, and sulfur oxides.
Vented fireplaces remove all these fumes from your home through a flue. This option is best for your indoor air quality (IAQ)—however, it causes losses in efficiency.
Nonvented fireplaces are the most energy-efficient option and can be placed virtually anywhere since they don't need to be hooked up to a flue.
Gas Fireplace Repairs
Rain or shine, day or night, our team of experts can fix your fireplace.
Give us a call if you're experiencing fireplace issues, such as:
- The ignitor won't ignite.
- The pilot light won't turn on.
- You can't get the fire started.
Our experts can quickly troubleshoot and solve all your HVAC problems. We'll always provide you with a reasonable quote before service and our Gold Wrench Warranty afterward—transparency and courtesy are virtues we live by.
We're pleased to offer 24/7 emergency repair services for our Alabama customers.
Gas Fireplace Maintenance
During your seasonal tune-up, we can service your gas fireplace in addition to your heating and cooling equipment. Scheduling annual tune-ups for your furnace and air conditioner allow our technicians to fix minor issues before they turn into costly repairs.
Professional maintenance also extends the service life of your HVAC equipment and helps lower your energy bills. It's a smart investment that pays off in comfort and cost savings.
Our Skyward Comfort Club makes HVAC maintenance convenient and affordable. As a member, your service requests will skip to the front of the line. We'll also give you a reminder call when it's time for maintenance and give you tons of discounts.